• Provide end user hardware, software, and infrastructure support to ensure effective and timely resolution of technical problems.
• Document problems and their resolutions
• Provide direction and training to staff on use of standard applications.
• Record, track, analyze, implement and escalate as required all service requests.
• Develop solid knowledge of the Project in order to respond knowledgably to requests or questions regarding technology and infrastructure.
• Provide support for IT related peripherals including but not limited to printers, scanners, video conference equipment, multifunction devices, wireless devices and other communications systems as required.
• Provide "smart hands" support for specialized communications equipment and services as required.
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics and troubleshooting to resolve problems and to provide technical assistance
• Refer major hardware or software problems or defective problems to vendors or technicians for service and keep continuous contact with them to ensure problem resolution.
• Assist in evaluations of hardware or software when required.
• Recommend improvements or upgrades to the IT related systems and infrastructure.
• Answer user questions regarding computer hardware, software and system operation to provide knowledge or to resolve problems.
• Setup equipment for employee use
• Install and/or perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or established installation instructions.
• Communicate effectively within the team, with other teams and across the company as a whole.
• Have responsibility for coordinating the setup of technical presentation facilities including laptops, projectors and video conference.
• Provide IT support for staff in the field and in other locations as required
• Lead or participate as team member in IT projects in support of business initiatives.
• Provide New Hire Orientations based on Orientation Package.
• Management of IT
• Provide After Hours Support as required.
• Additional duties or responsibilities as requested or required.
• University Degree, College Diploma in Computer Systems/Information Technology, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Minimum 2-4 years' experience in the Information Technology field. Demonstrated experience in providing support in a fast paced, demanding environment where the ability to manage multiple priorities is essential.
• Safety oriented. ~ Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the vision and core values.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
• The preference is for this position to be located in the HVGB area and for the incumbent to commute to site daily.
• Team oriented person with a positive, can-do attitude
• Strong analytical skills and creative problem solver
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Effective communicator
• Enthusiastic, friendly and enjoys interacting with people on a day-to-day basis
• Ability to work with minimal supervisory direction
St. John's, NL