NSB Omega is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to work with the Corporate Business Systems project team to work under the direction of the Project Manager in support of core organizational functions and business process changes. The Information Systems team support rour client and its subsidiaries in their day to day operations aswell as large and small scale projects touching all facets of information technology and information management. The Senior Business Analyst must exercise personal initiative and judgement in working with program and project managers to ensure key deliverables are met. The main focus for this Senior Business Analyst Role is to solicit and document business requirements as well as creating and documenting business process and transformation models.
The Senior Business Analyst will be required to:
- Facilitate client workshops, meetings, interviews to gather business requirements for existing applications;
- Document current business requirements, existing business process workflows;
- Conduct GAP analysis between existing applications and new solutions;
- Work closely with business stakeholders to define and document applicable business change activities and new business procedures/workflows;
- Create test plans, test scripts, and work with business stakeholders as needed to monitor test execution while assessing, tracking and managing defects;
- Create training material, execute user training;
- Complete any other client-related project tasks that will help ensure project success;
- Prepare or assist with other project-related documents or tasks as required by the Project Manager.
- Post-secondary education (2+ year program) in business, computer science, or a related field from a recognized institution
-10+ years of project experience where candidate filled the role of a Business Analyst – Preferably with a recognized professional certification. Provide project names, project description (i.e. type of software application implemented), length and percent of time as a Business Analyst on each project, and details around the resource’s responsibilities/tasks executed.
- Ability to solicit and document business requirements using examples from recent successful projects.
- Experience with creating and documenting business process models and process transformation models.
- Facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Experience with creating test strategies, test plans/scripts, and executing and monitoring test plans.
- Experience with creating training material, creating and executing training plans
- Organization and time-management skills, specifically using examples of working on multiple projects /tasks concurrently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
St. John's, NL